The Faculty of ECMS has a reputation for innovative research across a wide range of fields.
While research can be described within each School, the Faculty also has a number of cross discipline research groupings. Underpinned by modern infrastructure and an innovative culture, these groupings bring together world-leading researchers from a variety of backgrounds to tackle larger research problems. In addition, the Faculty has several research centres specialising in particular areas of expertise.
These research entities include:
- Adelaide Radar Research Centre
- Australian Centre for Visual Technologies
- Centre for Automotive Safety Research
- Centre for Defence Communications and Information Networking
- Centre for Energy Technology
- Centre for High Performance Integrated Technologies and Systems
- Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources
- South Australian Centre for Geothermal Energy Research
- Teletraffic Research Centre
- Cooperative Research Centre for Greenhouse Gas Technologies
- Cooperative Research Centre for Deep Exploration Technologies
- Defence Systems Innovation Centre